Yuba Sutter Domestic Animal Disaster Assistance (YSDADA) works jointly with governmental, non-governmental, and private agencies and organizations and the public in the Yuba-Sutter area to promote the safety and well-being of domestic pets and farm animals affected by a governmentally-declared disaster.
We provide these animals with emergency shelter, necessary veterinary care, and identification for reuniting animals with their owners. All volunteers have completed disaster preparedness training provided by YSDADA and other organizations.
As a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization, Yuba Sutter Domestic Animal Disaster Assistance receives no funds from the U.S. government and relies on the generous gifts and contributions of individual donors and corporate sponsors. All gifts are tax deductible and are recognized appropriately.
YSDADA has exciting ways for the community to support our efforts
GoodSearch will donate approximately 1 cent per internet search from their site. They use the Yahoo! search engine so you are assured of getting the information you need.
GoodShop runs an internet mall and a percentage of your online purchases will be donated to YSDADA.
Click on the link below to get started.
S.H.A.R.E.S. Card for Food Maxx and Save Mart
Equipment & Supply Donations
YSDADA maintains two storage facilities with equipment and supplies that we would deploy in an emergency. We are currently seeking donations of:
- Large plastic storage bins
- Pet feeding and watering bowls
- Wire crates for medium and large sized dogs
- Wire crates for cats and small dogs
- Halters & lead ropes
- Blankets & sheets
- Collars & leashes
- Litter boxes
- Click-type ink pens
- Trail tape in various colors
- Bolt cutters
- Catch pole
- Plastic trash bags
- Kennels – large & small
- Engraving tool
- Cages- large & small
- Tarps & awnings
- Food & water dishes
- Bungie & tie-down cords, rope, twine
- Feed buckets
- Gloves: rubber, leather, & garden
- Animal first aid supplies
- Shovels, rakes, & brooms
- Wash tubs, hoses, towels, rubber mats
- Foodlighs & flashlights
- Family-type radios/walkie-talkies
- Extension cords (20+ ft)
- Ham radio (2)
- Extenson ladder
- Barrier materials: tape & fencing
- Current Y-S maps
- Staple gun
- Traffic cones
If you have other pet or livestock related items you would like to donate, give us a call at 674-1190.
YSDADA is always updating our Emergency Resource Directory. Our directory consists of businesses, landowners and citizens who can assist us during an emergency. We are currently looking for resources in the following areas:
- Businesses or landowners along evacuation routes who would allow us to set up an animal intake area for people fleeing a situation. We would then transport the animals to our emergency shelter.
- Landowners with acreage who could house livestock during a disaster.
- Businesses who would provide us with services, equipment, or supplies during an emergency. Examples are equipment rental companies, veterinarians, pet supplies, etc.
Please email email@example.com or call 441-9550 if you are interested in being listed in our Emergency Resource Directory.